Water Treatment Plant Data Model

03-30-2021 11:40 AM
James_Norquest
New Contributor II

Hello,

Does anyone have a WTP/WWTP schema they would be willing to share? I have seen this question posed with some great feedback but no actual schema or data model. 

I am putting together a map of one of our plants based on CAD drawings. I have created some feature classes and domains but my boss would like me to check to see if anyone else has a solution before we get too far into it. 

We are also deciding how in depth we want to go and would love to hear about peoples experience with similar projects. We would love to hear what is possible!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II

I imagine you've seen this?

Water_Utilities_Data_Model.pdf (esri.com)

Thinking of the same so hoping this thread will provide some answers.

James_Norquest
New Contributor II

Thank you Robert

I have seen this and checked out the data. The WWTP model is more complex than we are going for. The WTP description looks a little more like what we want. I would love to hear other's experience with a project like this. I know it must have been done before at a number of different scales.

We are looking at a simple location set up to begin with, although I would love to build something with network connectivity in the future.

0 Kudos
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

James, 

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have created a wastewater treatment plant data model that I can send you the gdb schema as xml file. I built it from scratch while managing our Plant GIS for a decade. 

RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like to take a look at that.

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@James_Norquest Recommend to review the Water Distribution Utility Network Foundation. The solution package includes a data model (file geodatabase) with configured utility network (for network connectivity). I realize this is for Water Distribution but still a good template to start with and extend as needed. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III

Since there is no data model for water treatment plants, would it make sense to use one of the three Conceptual Water Treatment Plant diagrams (attached) to create feature classes / asset groups / asset types within the Water Distribution data model? Or should the Plant exist under its own commodity "Plant" domain?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos