Select to view content in your preferred language

HEC-GeoRAS and HEC-GeoHMS ApFramework9 installation Problems

11-03-2010 04:11 PM
Labels (1)
ChristianRomeyn1
Deactivated User
I am running ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.4000 on Windows XP. I recently installed Hec-GeoHMS 9.2.93.16 on my machine. It did not work correctly so aftre reading the forums I uninstalled all legacy components (including GeoRAS), cleaned the registry, and reinstalled. It took multiple tries but I finally got it to work with ApFramework9 3.1.0.42 and ArcHydro 1.4.0.124. Today I tried to reinstall Hec-GeoRAS and received the error "An incorrect version of ApFramework9 was found on the system. HEC-GeoRAS requires Apframework9 version 3.1.0.93. Please uninstall the existing ApFramework9 version and restart this installation." If I do this I suspect that Hec-GeoHMS will not work because of incompatibility with 3.1.0.93. It seems ridiculous that you would have to uninstall and reinstall every time you switched from GeoRAS to GeoHMS. Does anybody have any insight? Are versions of HEC-GeoRAS and HEC-GeoHMS that use the same ApFramework9?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Chris,

I think you're asking for trouble running with ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (build 1850, refs) there have been subtle changes to Geodatabase in the ensuing releases.

It sounds like the HEC GeoRAS 4.3.93 was the current build (4.3.1.31 from the ftp site?) since you got AppFramework 3.1.0.103 (build 20110107).

So, only suggestion I can make would be to get an eval of ArcGIS 9.3.1 (or purchase) and apply SP2 (so you'd be working with build 4000)--and see if that resolves the Geodatabase issue.

Stuart
0 Kudos
IndraPaudel
New Contributor
Hi I tried to install HEC-GeoRas and I got the following message

Error setting registry value for PreLoadVBA: Access is denied.

Another way I tried, first install ApFramework9 Version 3.1.0.42, but could not find this verson in

ftp://ftp.esri.com/ApFramework/Setup9.2_9.3/

I have GIS Version 9.3. Could you please suggest, how I would be able to install GeoRAS and GeoHMS.indrabilas@gmail.com

Thank you
0 Kudos
nabilrachdi
New Contributor
hello
I am trying to install HEC-GeoRas version 4.2.93 at ArcGis 9.3 and I got the following message in the Attached Files.
but wehene following the instruction, I don't find the XMl-Datexchange in Add/Remove programs? Any Ideas,
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Nabil,

Closely read this entire thread, and several others in this forum. You will need to uninstall ALL residual water resources components and if needed after manual removal, use the ESRI provided ApRegwork utility to complete the removal. Then decide to use either the USACE HEC "production" release or one of the developmental releases as found on the ftp site--don't mix and match.

Stuart
0 Kudos
DavidMick
New Contributor
hello
I am trying to install HEC-GeoRas version 4.2.93 at ArcGis 9.3 and I got the following message in the Attached Files.
but wehene following the instruction, I don't find the XMl-Datexchange in Add/Remove programs? Any Ideas,

I had a similar problem after removing all water resource components and program folders.  I also ran the ApRegWork application with default settings and still received the same error about XML-DataExchange.  I solved this by changing some default settings of "ApRegWork" that was downloaded from esri ftp site and deleting a remnant WaterUtilities Key.

Here's how I did it. After the ApRegWork was executed, the application default settings were changed as follows: Registry Base to Local Machine and the Searching Text box to Customize. After the settings were changed, selection of the Search button brings up a new gui Construct Search Keys (comma "," delimited). Wipe out all the search keys that are listed and type in WATERUTILITIES and select OK.

The search will now find, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ESRI/APPLICATIONS/WaterUtilities/

Delete this by right clicking in the pane and selecting delete.

GeoHMS and GeoRAS successfully installed after deleting this key.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
David,

Thanks! Good to know.

Stuart
0 Kudos
AurelioMartinez_Martinez
New Contributor
Hola a todos, buen día.

Yo tenía un problema a la hora de instalar el Hec-GeoHMS 5.0, tenía instalado el ArcGIS 9.3 y cada vez que intentaba instalar el Hec-GeoHMS 5.0 me mandaba un mensaje de error que en mi computadora tenía instalado una vieja versión del ApFramework9 que necesitaba instalar el ApFramework9 3.1.0.103. Así que desinstalé el ARCGIS 9.3, también el HEC-HMS 3.5 y el HEC-RAS esto como medida de prevención. Solo que cuando buscaba el ApFramework9 que según seguía instalado en mi computadora, no lo encontraba por ningún lado y me seguía enviando el mensaje de que lo desinstalara, a pesar de que ya había desinstalado el "Water Utilities Application Framework" desde Panel de Control. Así que mi solución lo muestro paso a paso en el archivo de word que adjunto. Espero les sea de utilidad.

También les doy un consejo, cuando desinstalen un programa y quieran borrar todas las extensiones que genera automáticamente en Archivos de Programa no lo hagan desde Panel de Control, es mejor utilizar un programa como el iobituninstaller-v2 que es el que yo utilizo y me ha funcionado bien o el "Ccleaner".
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Regular Contributor II
A while back, my contact at ESRI (instructor from Arc Hydro class) informed me that the versions on the ftp site are always in flux. That is, they use ftp://ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/ to post interim updates to share within their group. These could change several times a day depending on their work flow.

Therefore, I have always assumed that if I were to use the ftp versions, I'd be taking a chance that there could be some "beta testing" or version issues with AP Framework, Arc Hydro, etc.  I always download and install from the Corps site unless I was specifically instructed by ESRI to use a ftp site version.

The Corps' GeoRAS page: http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-ras/hec-georas.html

ESRI wrote GeoRAS for the Corps of Engineers. When I install GeoHMS from the Corps' site, it installs Arc Hydro and AP Framework that version. I'm not sure if the GeoRAS version on the Corps site is the latest but, since they tend to take their time debugging the version before they post them, that version of GeoRAS will likely come with the right versions of supporting software. I would be confident that this would eliminate AP Framework issues and versioning issues and then I could focus my attention on other issues that might be causing problems.

Maybe a Senior Member or ESRI staff person could confirm or correct this perception that I have.
0 Kudos
FranklinEbner
New Contributor
I know this is a little old but I had a similar problem and after some struggling I finally found a solution.  Just posting this in case anyone has a similar dilemma....

Problem:  An older version of Ap Framework was installed on my system and I needed to uninstall it to correctly install ArcHydro 10.  No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of files (cleared program, deleted utilities folder, even tried ESRI's 'apregwork' which deleted registry files. I knew the registry files were the problem but didn't know which ones to delete.

Solution:  Found in the Arc Hydro Tools 2.0 Tutorial book the exact location of the registry you have to manually delete (only had to delete 1).  Now I was able to install ArcHydro 10 correctly without any Ap Framework errors.
0 Kudos
ugochukwuokorondu
New Contributor

Good Day All, i encountered a problem while trying to instal Hec-Geo hms to my arcgis9.3 version, it was telling me that an older version of Apframe9 work has already been installed and cannot install untill i uninstall the older version. Please, how do i uninstall apframework9 so as to install hec-geo hms5.0 to my arcgis9.3 version. i uninstaled archyro and hec-georas, yet problem still remains. i couldnot find apframework9 on my add and remove programe

victor

0 Kudos