ArcHydro update for ArcGIS 10.1

Jump to solution
07-09-2012 05:55 AM
KiPak
by
New Contributor
Is the current Arc Hydro release compatible with the recent ArcGIS 10.1 update?  Any word on a compatible version of Arc Hydro being released? 

Thanks.
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
ArcHydro for ArcGIS 10.1 (build 10.1.0.9)  has been built and was posted to the ftp site on July 11th.  

Other than ArcHydro version now being 10.1.x, considerable rework to the MSI installer, including what looks to be the makings to uninstall prior versions.

Should be stable, but mind your Python configuration when installing, please report bugs and check frequently for patched builds.

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
PaulCook
New Contributor
I am also in need of an update for ArcHydro that can be used in ArcGIS 10.1.  I just tried to install using the latest, that I could find, ArcHydro installer and got an error saying that ArcGIS 10 wasn't installed on my system.  I tried downloading from the FTP site and the website (http://resources.arcgis.com/content/hydro/surface-water/about) with no success.

TIA,

Paul
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
All,

The latest release of ArcHydro -- build 2.1.0.98 (2012-07-10)  retains hard coded dependencies on ArcGIS 10.0

Nothing posted to the ftp site, and no word from Esri Water Resources group on when or if ArcHydro for ArcGIS 10.1 will be built.

Suspect it will be, but for now if you need to use ArcHydro tools--do not upgrade to ArcGIS Desktop 10.1

Stuart
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
ArcHydro for ArcGIS 10.1 (build 10.1.0.9)  has been built and was posted to the ftp site on July 11th.  

Other than ArcHydro version now being 10.1.x, considerable rework to the MSI installer, including what looks to be the makings to uninstall prior versions.

Should be stable, but mind your Python configuration when installing, please report bugs and check frequently for patched builds.

Stuart
0 Kudos
RobertMartel
New Contributor
Link to the latest ArcHydro that will work with ArcInfo 10.1?  I can never seem to find it.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
That would be ftp://RiverHydraulics:river%2E1114@ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/Setup10.1/ from a web browser.

Far more efficient to use an FTP client (FileZilla perhaps) with these login credentials:

[INDENT]ftp.esri.com
login: RiverHydraulics
password: river.1114

As provided for the initial ArcHydro 2.0.x version here: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/8274-ArcHydro-in-ArcGIS-10?p=35289&viewfull=1#post35289[/INDENT]

Stuart
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
Dear Stuart

Thanks for the update with regards to Arc Hydro for ArcGIS 10.1 is greatly appreciated.

Regards
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
Dear Stuart

I wanted to find out if you have used the latest version of HEC-GeoHMS 10.0.0.85. I previously had Arc Hydro 2.1.0.98 and had to uninstall it as HEC-GeoHMS 10.0.0.85 wants Arc Hydro 2.1.0.30. Once I had uninstalled Arc Hydro 2.1.0.98, I was able to install HEC-GeoHMS and ArcHydro. I've come accross two problems, the first is that if you add HEC-GeoHMS toolbox to ArcCatalog Toolbox it crashes ArcCatalog and the only way to get ArcCatalog to open without crashing is to delete the Normal.gxt. The second problem that I've found is that if you run Adjoint Catchment from the toolbox or within ModelBuilder the output is always empty. Just wondering if you have come across the following?

Regards
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

I wanted to find out if you have used the latest version of HEC-GeoHMS 10.0.0.85. I previously had Arc Hydro 2.1.0.98 and had to uninstall it as HEC-GeoHMS 10.0.0.85 wants Arc Hydro 2.1.0.30. Once I had uninstalled Arc Hydro 2.1.0.98, I was able to install HEC-GeoHMS and ArcHydro. I've come accross two problems, the first is that if you add HEC-GeoHMS toolbox to ArcCatalog Toolbox it crashes ArcCatalog and the only way to get ArcCatalog to open without crashing is to delete the Normal.gxt. The second problem that I've found is that if you run Adjoint Catchment from the toolbox or within ModelBuilder the output is always empty. Just wondering if you have come across the following.

Peter,

This currently sticky thread was opened for ArcHydro support on ArcGIS Desktop 10.1.

So let's work your ArcHydro and HEC GeoHMS for 10.0 issue over on the Hydro thread where other HEC GeoHMS and GeoRAS users will see it.

Stuart
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
This login does not work, has ESRI moved the FTP source for all of the Spatial Hydro tools?

That would be ftp://RiverHydraulics:river.1114@ftp.esri.com/ArcHydro/Setup10.1/ from a web browser.

Far more efficient to use an FTP client (FileZilla  perhaps) with these login credentials:

[INDENT]ftp.esri.com
login: RiverHydraulics
password: river.1114

As provided for the initial ArcHydro 2.0.x version here:  http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/8274-ArcHydro-in-ArcGIS-10?p=35289&viewfull=1#post35289[/INDENT]

Stuart
0 Kudos