Arc Hydro "online help"

07-06-2010 07:59 AM
Labels (1)
StephanieMelles
New Contributor
The Arc Hydro Tools v1.3 ??? Tutorial writes that there is an online help for Arc Hydro that provides more details about how the tools operate. Where can I find this online help? How is the FillArea computed, for instance, when using the tool 'sink evaluation'?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LornaMurison
Occasional Contributor
I've also found that there is a serious lack of help files for ArcHydro tools.
0 Kudos
JamieJohnston-Stewart
New Contributor II
Has anyone come across any help for ArcHydro?
The ArcHydro help is essentially useless and there doesn't seem to be any step by step processes of how to create catchments or use the tools or what they mean.
If anyone knows has any pointers, your help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jamie
0 Kudos
DeborahBowyer
New Contributor
I am also looking for this mythical "online help".  Has anyone located it yet???
0 Kudos
JeffLee
New Contributor II
I am working with ArcHydro version 1.4.  Click on the help button on the right of the toolbar. which should bring up a compiled HTML help document.   I would like to add that I have downloaded my version from the US Army Corps of Engineer Website.  However, I can't imagine setups being different between ESRI and the corps.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Folks,

The ArcHydro9 help is delivered as compiled HTML and can be accessed from the toolbar or can be directly opened from this location following a default installation:

[INDENT]C:\Program Files\ESRI\Water Utils\bin\ARCHYDRO.chm[/INDENT]

Additionally, from the ESRI maintained ftp site the /ArcHydro/Doc/ArcHydro1_4 directory holds the following PDF all published July 2010:

Arc Hydro Tools 1.4 - Overview.pdf  (17 pg.)
Arc Hydro Tools 1.4 - Tutorial.pdf  (142 pg.)
ArcHydro GP Tools 1.4 - Tutorial.pdf (177 pg.)

All fairly well written and covering pretty completely all facets of the ArcHydro tools. Please access the site, download them, and have a close read.

I think you'll find that between these resources, this is really one of the better documented ESRI extensions!

Expect that as the version 2.0 for ArcGIS 10 is further developed its rudimentary documentation will be brought up to the same high standard.

Stuart
0 Kudos