Arc Hydro 64 bit (10.2.0.13) Crashes when the temporary directory location is changed

11-25-2013 11:13 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Playa

I've installed Arc Hydro 64 bit (10.2.0.13) onto a virtual machine. I changed the operating systems temporary directory location to a network drive that is mapped to the virtual machine. The reason for changing the location of the temporary location is that the temporary files written by Arc Hydro grow enormously and eventually the C drive runs out of space. As soon as a change the temporary directory location to a network drive Arc Hydro crashes. If I change the directory to a locally attached drive it runs perfectly. How do I get around the following error. I've attached a print screen of the error and the temporary directory changes that I've made.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: MBoucher21

Some thoughts...

I've always had more errors like this working over the network.

You can easily clear the temp folder via ApUtilities (under ApUtilities>Additional Utilities>Clean User's Temp Folder).

Have you tried turning on the "Overwrite the outputs of goeprocessing operations" option under Geoprocessing Options? I'm not sure it would make a difference on the temp files, but it might take out the possibility of an overwrite issues.
0 Kudos