Select to view content in your preferred language

PRINTABLE 1-2 page summary of what the EUC is

05-25-2017 02:34 PM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Is there a 1-2 page printable summary of what the EUC is, in general, all about? And what's the link to it?

EVERY. YEAR.

ESRI makes it hard on us to craft our training justifications by posting this stuff only as a series of random sliding DIVs on their EUC website. Many of us have to write justification memos but WE ALSO NEED TO ATTACH INFORMATION about what we want to attend (not just our actual memo).

*PLEASE* generate a 1-2 page fact sheet for the conference!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Bump. Seriously- you can't even PRINT what's on the EUC website..

0 Kudos
DavidHendrick
New Contributor III

Hi Steve,

If you go to http://www.esri.com/about/events/uc/register#justify we have a section dedicated to justifications by role/industry. There is also a justification letter which can be downloaded right below this section.

You can also email our Registration team at confregis@esri.com to request an "invitation" letter to the conference.

Cheers

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I'm not talking about the justification letter. I have to write one of those. I need an ATTACHMENT for my letter. Since this thread went nowhere, I sent an email to the EUC and someone responded back with EXACTLY what I wanted. I've attached it here. ESRI should REALLY post this on their EUC website..

I'm not sure how I can described my original request any clearer. If you were making a recommendation for purchasing a plotter or computer, you wouldn't just craft an email/memo stating "I recommend we purchase x...". You would also include a copy of product literature that shows the product and list its specs. That is what is missing from the (unprintable) EUC website.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would have to agree with your there Steve Cole .  It is harder to find simple, printable information about the UC (or any other event).  I understanding them keeping the web pages looking fresh, but there is little substance there for emailing to management or for attaching to the required "travel request" paperwork/email.  A web page does not work for these types of things.

I'm sure the one-page pdf attached was sent out in an email to many of us months ago, and maybe even thru traditional mail, but not everyone received this, and mine would long be buried in email or a pile of paper.

I do understand trying to keep the look-and-feel on the cutting edge and forward looking, but many (people and organizations) are still old-school and you need to keep things backwards compatible.  For example, re: a printable agenda, I have an ipad but not a smartphone.  I have found it a hassle to pull out the ipad as the UC to look at my agenda in the app.  A 1-2 page "my favorites" tucked into my front pocket is much faster when buzzing between sessions.

I know once the agenda is released on the app, there will be a few more options.  So for now, for those in the process of planning their agenda, I recommend using the browser version to mark what you want, and if all works right, the full agenda and your "favorites" will show up when you log in on the app.

DHendrick-esristaff 

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
but many (people and organizations) are still old-school

Hear, hear! I miss Web 1.0, it was a lot faster! Anybody remember the lynx browser? It was awesome.