Appointments with Esri staff at UC?

Jump to solution
06-26-2018 04:01 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does Esri allow conference attendees to schedule meetings with their staff to be held at the UC?  Can this be done prior to the conference?  If so, how?  I know we can just pop in to a solution booth and ask questions, but I'd like to coordinate a day/time with my team and be assured the appropriate staff are available.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlottePapp
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Colleen,

Yes, you can definitely meet with Esri Staff during the conference.

• If you would like to meet with your account manager, you can reach out to them directly to schedule a time, and they can request a meeting space. If you do not know who your account manager is, you can contact service@esri.com.
  • If you need specific technical support, you can visit the technical support booth in the Expo and schedule a meeting for later in the day.
  • If you have a general question, you can go to the info booth in the expo to see who is available at the time to meet with youUnfortunately, these meetings cannot be scheduled ahead of time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Charlotte

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CharlottePapp
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Colleen,

Yes, you can definitely meet with Esri Staff during the conference.

• If you would like to meet with your account manager, you can reach out to them directly to schedule a time, and they can request a meeting space. If you do not know who your account manager is, you can contact service@esri.com.
  • If you need specific technical support, you can visit the technical support booth in the Expo and schedule a meeting for later in the day.
  • If you have a general question, you can go to the info booth in the expo to see who is available at the time to meet with youUnfortunately, these meetings cannot be scheduled ahead of time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Charlotte

0 Kudos
WenfengLi
New Contributor III

I wonder can I schedule a time to meet with the technical experts now? Is there a web link?

Or do I need to physically go to the technical booth in the expo to schedule a meeting? I have questions about Portal and Insights

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Alex, the thing to do is just show up. I have never had trouble finding help with specific things - in my experience usually there is someone on site that is expert in what I'm looking for, and if not (rare), the people at the booth do know when the person you need to talk to will be there. I've been to > 20 UCs and these personal interactions are a very good reason to go! 

ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

I second what Curtis Price says.  I've gone to many User Conferences and found each time it has been easy to find a knowledgeable ESRI staff member in the ESRI area in the Exhibitor Hall.  Go to the specific subject area staff member and ask away!  For example, one year I went to the Spatial Analyst area and peppered the ESRI staff with questions on how to do measurements of linear objects on a surface, a process I was hazy on.  It was quite educational.  Plus staff is very willing to follow up a few days after the conference if you do toss them a question they don't have an immediate answer to.  For example, the staff members sent me some Python code a few days later to help me figure out a trail length in true 3D distance traveled over rugged terrain.

Bring some sample data too if you are trying to resolve what seems to be a bug.  I treat it like Tech Support, but you can usually use the computers they have set up their to show the staff what your process is and exactly where it seems to go awry.  It's like a step better than Tech Support, in my opinion, as they are right next to you seeing every move.  Plus they usually are the total subject matter expert on that software/extension/process.

This is one of the most important reasons why I go to the Conference.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
WenfengLi
New Contributor III

Thank you Chris, that is helpful. Alex

0 Kudos
WenfengLi
New Contributor III

Thank you Curtis for the quick respond. It is helpful. Alex

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, Charlotte, for your response!

0 Kudos