Select to view content in your preferred language

TGI60 - ArcGIS 2024 (August 2024)

Thursday
Labels (1)
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

TelUC Banner.png

This meetup is focused on ArcGIS 2024 and is for the Esri Telecom User Community. This is your chance to discover technical updates, talk with Esri staff, learn from other members of the community, and stay informed.

What you'll learn

• What's new in ArcGIS
  • ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise
  • Advancements in Arcade

Q&A From Meetup:

• Q: Patrick mentioned that you can create H3 hexagons with the Business Analyst Generate Grids and Hexagons tool in ArcGIS Pro. Is there anywhere else H3 can be used outside of Business Analyst.
    • A: You can also create hexagons outside the Business Analyst toolbox, using the Generate Tessellation geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro, but you cannot enrich them directly this way.
    • A: The FCC Broadband Data Collection layer in Living Atlas uses H3 resolution 8 hexagons to report broadband availability data. And the mobile data is reported at H3 resolution 9 hexagons.
  • Q: I don’t see the Metadata Editor available for items in my organization.
    • A: An administrator will need to enable this for your organization, and you can access it from the overview tab on the item details page.
  • Q: Is complete technical documentation available for the ArcGIS for MS365 suite?
  • Q: Can you elaborate on ESRI's integration with Microsoft Fabric? I am interested in what specific capabilities are available
  • Q: Is there a way to look at the previous meetups?
  • Q: Will this recording be available after the meeting?
    • A: Yes, this webinar is recorded and will be sent out post event.
  • Q: In the Watch Center Solution, how are you accessing live hazard feeds? Additionally, can I connect or create feeds of my own?
    • A: The Watch Center solutions utilizes feeds from the Living Atlas when deployed including hurricanes, wildfires, and floods. To create your own live feeds, users can leverage ArcGIS Velocity in ArcGIS online or GeoEvent Server in Enterprise. 

Resource Links:

If there are additional questions on this topic, please reply to this post or post your question under the Telecommunications Questions board. See you at the next meetup!

Patrick Huls

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos
0 Replies