Select to view content in your preferred language

TGI5 - Episode 042 - Generate Preliminary Service Boundary with GIS

01-11-2022 11:43 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome back to Telecom GIS in Five Minutes. In the past episodes, we have gone over many different telecom scenarios and touched on different parts of the network planning and design process. But today, I would love to show you a little trick that would help you big time at the very beginning of the entire process - how to generate preliminary service boundaries within your new market.

Long story short, carving network boundaries was not an easy assignment. It involves lots of thinking and evaluating about the nature of the market, network architecture, equipment that you will be using, any environmental constraints, and my favorite part, lots of MATH.

So let's take a few minutes to check out this process I am going to show you how to get it done with GIS.

In summary, the more valuable features and guidelines you put in the algorithm, the more accurate the output will be. With this process, we are able to quickly and easily generate preliminary service boundaries. Your engineering and fielding team could further determine the accuracy of the boundary in the next design process, but with this cool little trick, you could cut down the time for manually creating service boundaries at the very beginning.

Since you are here, more detail for you:

Territory Design - Link

An overview of the Territory Design toolbox - Link

Till the next time, we out.

Junjie Ma | Solutions Engineer |  Telecommunications

0 Kudos
0 Replies