TGI5 - Episode 012 - Reimagining Network High Level Design

06-08-2021 10:36 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome back to Telecom GIS in Five Minutes. Today, I am going to take you on a trip and show you how we can revolutionize the way of creating your network's high-level design with a digital twin.

ArcGIS can combine different information models to create a digital twin which includes:

• Landscape Information Model (terrain, landcover, clutter, lidar point cloud)
  • Building Information Model (building footprint, floor plan, Revit and BIM data)
  • Network Information Model (outside-plant, inside-plant, wireline network, wireless network, or a comprehensive communication data model on Utility Network Framework)
  • City Information Model (vegetation, canopy, building, transportation, street furniture)

I want to show you how we can leverage the models in support of high-level wireless and fiber planning. And I want us to reimagine our current ways of doing preliminary network design, and see if we could leverage any of the examples, any of the information models built from data to make your engineering workflow more accurate, more efficient, and more fun.

Want to watch more?

ArcGIS The Foundation of Digital Twins for Utilities and Telecom - Link

GIS creates digital twins of the natural and built environments - Link

Feel free to reach out at any time if you had any questions or inquiries about our GIS for telecom.

Till the next time, we out.

0 Replies