"How do I contact ArcGIS School Bundle owners near me?"

08-26-2018 01:14 PM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

Several T3Gers have contacted me recently about how to contact the named persons in the sites with the ArcGIS School Bundle, as seen in Map#1 of http://arcg.is/usk12gis. Here's the situation:

1. For trusted educators (includes most T3G people) who want to provide a service to holders of ArcGIS School Bundles in a specific region, we can provide access to an app that allows selecting Bundle sites, examining their data, and if desired exporting that data including institution name, contact name, and contact email address. Contact Charlie Fitzpatrick cfitzpatrick@esri.com for access.
  2. Applicant requests membership in a specific ArcGIS Online group within "Org A." The applicant must provide an ArcGIS Online Org login; that login does not have to be a member of Org A, but must be a member of an Org (i.e. cannot be a "public" login). The applicant's login profile must be public in order to be invited, but can be withdrawn from public once admitted into the group.
  3. Once the applicant has received and accepted the group invitation (= is a group member), the user logs into ArcGIS Online using that login, and looks within his/her Groups for "ConnectED State Reps," and opens the group. Inside, the user engages the "DataApp2" web app. The app has a "terms of use" splash screen that the user must accept to move forward.
  4. The app allows a user to select bundles within a specific state or within a region drawn on the map. The resulting data can be viewed and exported, for one-time use.
0 Replies