Water Sampling : Place in the LGDM?

10-30-2014 12:30 PM
Labels (1)
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I've been digging around the Local Government Data Model trying to see if there is any layer that is / can be used for Water Sampling by Stormwater personnel. I realize that this is probably unique to each city that does this, but I was hoping to at least find a placeholder for this data.

Any chance that anyone knows where something like this might be in the LGDM?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesseEckenrode
New Contributor

Hello Brian,

I don't believe there is a specific feature class to house stormwater sampling points.  I have listed below two locations that would work to house the data but are not meant for it.

LGIM(LGDM) > Infrastructure Operations > Tap Points - This feature class doesn't have many fields to hold data but could be used to hold your points until you find a better location or if an appropriate feature class is added to the LGIM.

LGIM(LGDM) > Water Distribution > Water Sampling Stations - This feature class may already be used if you have sampling stations for the Water Department but if not it has more of the fields you would want to track the sampling data.

One other option if you don't mind adding feature classes to the LGIM(LGDM) would be to create a feature class, in LGIM(LGDM) > Stormwater for example, to house the points with the ability to create fields for any attributes you would want to maintain. Generally when migrating data to the LGIM(LGDM) this has to be done as every city has their own important data sets that they would like to maintain and they do not match up with any feature class within the LGIM(LGDM) currently.

Hope this gave you some ideas,

Jesse

BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I don't have a problem adding feature classes, but one of the key points of the LGDM is the apps that get built off of them. Now I'm fairly familiar now with the WAB, and AGOL and I could do this. I'm just 'certain' that ESRI is either 'in the works' or planning to add this type of layers soon and would hate to duplicate data. Especially since I've recently seen a Watershed map by ESRI that was amazing... it just seems like it's coming soon.

But, I don't really have a choice. We've got a project that requires water sampling station points, so water sampling station points I will make. I'm just way too fond of this LGDM it causes a hiccup when they don't have something that I thought was universal... oh well...

*grumble grumble*

0 Kudos