Select to view content in your preferred language

Questions about Land Gov Info Model 10.1 SP1

01-22-2013 01:25 PM
Labels (1)
DennisTebo
Occasional Contributor
I'm in the process of testing the Land Gov. Info. Model on 10.1 SP1. I've been able to migrate CAD data from our Landbase into the parcel fabric and enable the Land Info Model and see how things work. I'm confused about two different references on ArcGIS Help 10.1 regarding the type field for the parcel fabric lines. One indicated the type field is "Used for custom subtypes on the lines (for example, road frontage, back lot line)". Another reference describes the use for the type column as the "Type of the parcel that contains the line". Which is it?

Along the same lines, I have added a few more entries in the lrLineCatagory domain for different type of ROW (freeway, highway, loca, railroad, etc..). I would like to add these to the legend and have tried to do so by going to "Edit Features/Organize Feature Templates", but I have not been able to add any new templates for the new ROW types. I would also like these types added to the parcel line types in the parcel traverse window. If I can add them to the legend will it fix them in the parcel traverse window?

Thanks,

Dennis
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Dennis,
The lines.type field is identical to the parcel.type field. This can allow you to separate the lines of lots from the lines of subdivisions. In version 10.1 SP1 we set the lines.type field for newly created parcels.
Another filed on the lines is called �??Category�?�. This field is used to separate boundary lines from road frontage lines, connection lines etc. It is useful to use Road Frontage lines if you plan on running a LSA adjustment in the future. You can set the Road Frontage lines to remain straight within a specified tolerance.
I would not recommend using the Category field for Easements and ROW type. Since easements have an area, I would use a parcel type for this. Those are considered Encumbrances (type=9) and have a field call EncumbranceType and a Domain lrEncumbranceType. We do not distinguish between freeway, highway, local�?� ROWs because they overlap �?? who is superior to who? How do we prevent area from being calculated twice for those overlaps?
It can be interesting to know what is the business requirement of separating the ROW types? Is it only for symbology (cartography) and\or other business requirement?
Hope this answers your questions,
Amir
0 Kudos
DennisTebo
Occasional Contributor
Amir,

Thanks for the response. Your explanation for the lines.type makes sense. I will use the category field for the line distinction, ie.. boundary lines as well as different types of ROW. In our current landbase our ROW lines do not cross over each other. In other words, when a road goes under/over a freeway the road ROW does not exist, it gives way to the freeway, but a center-line for the road does exist. I'm still looking for a solution to get the other line.category types to show up on the legend and parcel traverse window.

We also maintain road frontage that does not have a parcel on either side. Is it possible to maintain this in the parcel fabric?

I'm enjoying the demonstrations on the Land Records meet-ups.

Thanks,

Dennis
County of Orange

PS. Who do I speak to about the infringement of the Land Records name? Just kidding. We've been using it for our online application for about 12 years now. We'll actually have a new version of the app ready to go in a couple of months. It uses ArcServer and Silverlight.
0 Kudos