Migrating data in to an LGM?

Jump to solution
10-02-2015 10:25 AM
Labels (1)
JeffreyWarren
New Contributor III

Hello all,

We are in the process of moving our data into LGM schemas and I'm curious how to go about doing so?  I have a geodatabase that was created from one of the LGM xml files, so it is just a bunch of empty feature sets/classes.  I want to move my current data in to the proper feature class, but I don't see how I can map the fields.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeffrey,

You can use the Load Objects command in ArcMap.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Jeffrey,

You can use the Load Objects command in ArcMap.

JeffreyWarren
New Contributor III

That is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Go into CATALOG and right click on the Feature Set you want to populate, select LOAD and follow the directions.

JakeSkinner

This will also work, but this will not work on 'non simple' data.  An example of non simple data is a feature class that participates in a relationship class.  For example, if the feature class has attachments enabled, you will receive an error when trying to right-click on the feature class in the Catalog window > Load > Load Data:

However, the Load Objects command in ArcMap will allow you to load data into non simple data.

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Alternatively, you can use the Append Tool to add data to those datasets.  You would need to alter/create fields(I'd make a copy of your existing datasets to do this too) ahead of time, but it allows for data uploading to be done programmatically instead of manually.

For more on that, see this conference proceedings

http://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/proc14/papers/460_238.pdf

JeffWard

You can map fields in the Append tool as well, just choose the "No Test" option, then map your fields.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

Load Dataset to LGM.gif

I need to clean it up... (that weird pixelation that happens is annoying) but otherwise let me know if this helps?

JeffreyWarren
New Contributor III

Thanks Brian.  I used Jake's suggestion of the Load Objecst in ArcMap and it worked like a charm.  Looks like the same thing your doing, but you did it via Catalog.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos