Select to view content in your preferred language

Local Government Address Model

01-16-2013 08:51 AM
Labels (1)
PatriciaMoehring
Occasional Contributor
The general classification used for domain "SiteAddressClass" comes from . . .?  I've looked everywhere but nothing matches -- LBCS, NAICS, etc.  Just wondering if this is something that I should change to match local jurisdiction? Or is this some federally established classification and if so, what?

Also, I've noticed that some of the domain codes and description are the same -- has anyone had issue with this -- what have experiences been with keep domains already set in Local Gov Model and any other comments -- pros and cons?

Thanks,

Patricia
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
The SiteAddressClass domain values are consistent with the FacilitySite feature types.  Furthermore, the FacilitySite feature types were adapted from DHS's Homeland Security Infrastructure Protection Program and can be used to catalog/type facilities in a community.

Yes, on many occasions we do use the same domain code and descriptions in the information model.  We do this because it helps users avoid confusion when sharing data with other non-ArcGIS users.  In addition, the descriptions also help many times when interacting with feature tables directly in ArcMap.
0 Kudos