I am setting the LGIM in my organization. Any help, risk management, mentoring, encouragement, is welcome

02-02-2015 05:52 AM
Labels (1)
RicardoWiswell
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am setting the LGIM in my organization. I know there is a lot of work to do and that is why I am

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II

Ricardo, best of luck! I've been very slow to migrate but have finally started to test the LGIM and solutions while maintaining our current editing processes. One of the first steps for me was to prepare our data for address management. It's a different workflow and feature set than we used before but we are embracing the change and really see the light at the end of the tunnel. We had to get our road names into a master street name table forcing us to clean data and make sure it was distinct per municipality. We added a street name ID into the table to keep the relation between street segments and street names, and added street segment IDs to our existing address points to keep the address relate to the road all very useful in cleaning our data. Loading the data was simple once it was scrubbed. We still have to generate AddressPoints from our SiteAddressPoints--the plan is to geocode and generate the IDs to keep the integrity of the relationships.

The Attribute Assistant add-in is a great asset and tool and has been very useful so far. The documentation on this tool and relative ease in modifying the functionality has enabled us to capture more data without requiring additional editing--for example assigning PIN (parcel ID) to SiteAddressPoints without extra effort.  

We're tackling parcels at the same time but only started with that. We're really enthusiastic for what the LG stack will offer.

RicardoWiswell
New Contributor II

Hi Steve,

Thank You for the feedback.

We are starting with infrastructure, to deploy some easily implementable applications to bring most people on board, and set a working team up. For now, I am the only one moving things ahead. I have most of the data already harmonized with the model, and looking forward for the newest release of the LGIM on July 2015 to load the data and start making trials.

I do really appreciate taking the time to share your experience. I’ll keep you posted, and wish you too, the best outcome for your efforts,

Regards,

Ricardo Wiswell, CFM, PMP

City of Riviera Beach

Engineering Tech.

Phone: (561) 845-4191

Fax: (561) 840-4845

E-mail: Rwiswell@rivierabch.com<mailto:Rwiswell@rivierabch.com>

“Be the Change You want to See in Others”

Anonymous saying seldom practiced.

0 Kudos
ChristopherSchuchardt
New Contributor

Hi Ricardo-

We are wrapping up implementation of the LGIM for Water Distribution and Sewer Infrastructure. The key to our success has been starting and proceeding with the end in mind and taking a critical look at the existing data and old model. This has helped us to ensure preservation of existing information and functionality while creating new opportunites to apply the "plug and play" apps offered by ESRI, as well as improved integration with our CMMS system.

-

Chris S.

Oceanside, CA

0 Kudos