Fire Service Maps from ESRI Solutions for Local Gov't

10-03-2018 03:55 PM
Labels (1)
RhondaPerozzo
New Contributor II

HI all,

I am attempting to create Fire Run books in the new Fire Service Maps solutions for Local Gov't using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.1.   I am all good with loading data and installing ReportLab (with the required pillow and python - adn yes, I cloned my environment first before installing ReportLab, due to running ArcGIS Pro 2.2).  Where I am getting stuck is in the "Create Run Book pages".  I get to the last step, attempt to run and the tool crashes every time at random pages.  I am creating a map book with 163 pages, one time it crashed at page 94, another at 55 and even another at 161.  Ugh!  I cannot seem to find anything wrong with data, display or process.  And there is nothing to be found in the geoprocessing history.  I have successfully created the cover page and index map.   If anyone has successfully used this solution and/or have had the same issues,  I would love some advice.  Thanks all!

0 Kudos
28 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

"with the required pillow and python" - What does this statement mean?

How many computers do you plan on having the ability to use the Fire Service Maps solution?  I ask because of the issues with the python environment and the python modules that were supposed to be available without having to clone the python environment.

I was planning on setting this up, but I would rather not deal with the hassle of cloning the python environment as my org uses a 3rd party solution for this capability in ArcMap which goes away with Pro.

0 Kudos
RhondaPerozzo
New Contributor II

Hi Michael - in order to install ReportLab package, you must also have pillow package and ensure you have the correct version of python.  When you install ReportLab, it will do this on its own.

According to the instructions to install ReportLab in Fire Service Maps, if you are running ArcGIS Pro 2.2, you need to clone the default python environment first.

Currently, I am only running this on my computer.  Still new to ArcGIS Pro and AGOL.  Trying to learn.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

tagging:

Local Government Solutions Users

I'm hoping this group has more success with responding to solutions issues.

HeatherEisan
Esri Contributor

Hi Rhonda,

Can you email me your crash dump? To find the crash dump, copy and paste the path below into Windows Explorer.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports

Heather

RhondaPerozzo
New Contributor II

Heather - I sent an email with 2 of the .dmp files to what is hopefully your ESRI email.  Let me know if you did not receive it.  

0 Kudos
HeatherEisan
Esri Contributor

Hi Rhonda,

Crash dump received. Thank you.

Heather

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Rhonda:

Are address points and street centerlines in the ESRI LGIM required for this solution to work?  Or can you use the same data sets just using your own org's data model?

0 Kudos
BuckySwider
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael, I just spent a loooonnngggg time getting my data into the LGIM for this.  I am going to write up a step-by-step thing at some point, but briefly, you can import your data model into the LGIM created by this package.  The "Append" function will open up in the proper tasks.  Do the best you can when matching your data to the corresponding field in the LGIM.  Putting as much as you can into the LGIM will give you the most options when formatting your particular run books/wall maps.  For instance, if you don't put your parcel addresses into the SiteAddresses ADDRNUM field, you won't be able to print addresses on your run books or maps.  I also think you need the proper Street lines data including FROMLEFT/TOLEFT FROMRIGHT/TORIGHT to get the street index pages to print properly.  I actually haven't proved that yet- I had the same problem that Rhonda experienced so I haven't made it to that step yet.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You said "For instance, if you don't put your parcel addresses into the SiteAddresses ADDRNUM field, you won't be able to print addresses on your run books or maps."  I am just speculating but this field name to me indicates that it is just looking for the street address number and not the full address.  I'm wondering if this could be causing issues with the "Create Run Book" task not working properly.

Is there another field in the LGIM address point layer that would appear to represent the full address which would include a number and a street name in the same field?

0 Kudos