"Load Data" grayed out in many feature classes

Jump to solution
01-15-2014 07:43 AM
RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II
In the feature Dataset SewerStormWater (which is where I start my migration) "load data" is grayed out and only "load XML recordset document" is available.  Shouldn't this be available?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertThomson
It seems that you cannot load data into a feature class if it is part of a Geometric Network.  The LGM of course with predefined networks for Storm, Sanitary and Water.  I don't see any way to turn the Geometric Network off so for now my only option is to delete it and later reinstate from a backup once loading is complete.  If anyone has a better idea let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertThomson
It seems that you cannot load data into a feature class if it is part of a Geometric Network.  The LGM of course with predefined networks for Storm, Sanitary and Water.  I don't see any way to turn the Geometric Network off so for now my only option is to delete it and later reinstate from a backup once loading is complete.  If anyone has a better idea let me know.
0 Kudos
RyanBernardi
New Contributor
I am having the same issue trying to load data under the WaterDistribution Feature Dataset in the Local Government Model.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  I was able to load data in other feature classes, but it seems like some are greyed out (ex. wSystemValve, wMain, etc.) I am not sure what you mean by deleting and reinstating from a backup, but if that worked for you can you please explain to me how you did that?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
AndrewFarrar
Occasional Contributor
Using the "Object Loader" in arcmap should allow you to load into a dataset with a topology, something that the Simple Data Loader will not do.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Adding_the_Load_Objects_command_to_ArcMap/...