Select to view content in your preferred language

Address Data Management - Update RoadNameIndex Bug

02-13-2020 07:40 AM
Labels (1)
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

I've been testing out the new Address Data Management solution for ArcGIS Pro 2.5.  I've populated my Master Road Names table based on our live data and I'm trying to update the RoadNameIndex domain using the task provided with the solution.  I get an error that the records it's importing aren't unique.  The problem is that the task process updates the RoadNameIndex with records from the Full Road Name field in the Master Road Names Table, but there can be multiple records with the same Full Road Name if there are records for the same road in different municipalities, or with different statuses.

12 Replies
SuzanneWhitcomb
New Contributor II

Chris,

I have tried for the past two days to get the RoadNameIndex to update for AddressDataManagement Solution. I keep getting errors that state the data is already in the system and save your pending edits. Neither are true. I have been using ADM for 10 years in ArcMap incorrectly, and I would like to be able to teach someone else how to use pro and this solution. But I am obviously configuring it wrong. Please help!

SuzanneWhitcomb_0-1639502527437.png

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SuzanneWhitcomb, my recommendation would be to grab the latest release of the Address Data Management solution. There have been several significant improvements, but we also moved away from the Road Name Index because there were a few issues with it. We still use the Master Street Name table, just use the values in it in a different way.  

SuzanneWhitcomb
New Contributor II

OK So I did and I get this error:

SuzanneWhitcomb_0-1639512572161.png

I was just loading from my SQL to the gdb so I can move to Pro

0 Kudos