Select to view content in your preferred language

2 Point Curves

09-21-2012 06:43 AM
JAKERODEL
New Contributor
I was noticing around cul de sacs and on most curves on our data that the curves have been broken into many segments.  I have tried the merge courses tool without much luck.  Has anyone else dealt with this?  Is there a way of getting back to 2 point curves without pulling everything out of the fabric and using the Curves and lines tool and then loading back into the fabric?  Would that help?  Would it be worth it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor
I was noticing around cul de sacs and on most curves on our data that the curves have been broken into many segments.  I have tried the merge courses tool without much luck.  Has anyone else dealt with this?  Is there a way of getting back to 2 point curves without pulling everything out of the fabric and using the Curves and lines tool and then loading back into the fabric?  Would that help?  Would it be worth it?

Jake, in this particlar case I'm not sure why the merge courses tool didn't work for you.  Can you have a look at the radius values of the curves along the cul-de-sac?  Are they all curves, or are there straight-line-segments also thrown in?

Please send along a CadastralXML file of this subdivision so we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Chris
0 Kudos