Select to view content in your preferred language

Why won't a custom Toolset added to Arcmap execute?

10-17-2019 07:15 AM
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

So I've recently been attempting to calculate road widths for a project, and I figured there must be some toolset to do large areas fairly quickly.  I've come across a custom toolset for calculating road/stream widths (link to tool below).  Yet the toolset won't actually execute once I've added it to ArcMap. 

A few pieces of info:

1. I'm using ArcMap v.10.5.1

2. I have a road widths .shp, as well as road centerline (both necessary for executing the toolset)

3. Upon initial test, I received this: 'ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed.' (perhaps I haven't properly added/activated the custom toolset?)

4.  I'm going to trying to create a geodatabase in which all of my input/output datasets are stored to see if that fixes the issue.

5.  If I can't find a solution, is there an easier way to do this in either ArcMap or ArcPro?

Toolset Link:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ede4729410e846638520f99901542518

I'll try a couple more things with this toolset and I appreciate any/all feedback I can get on this. 

Thanks,

-Matt

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

There are many reasons one of the most popular is the the GPs use of scratch workspace that is not normally available to a GP that is published over the web. In the ArcGIS help docs there is info about making a GP tool online compatiable. I don't have the link right now it has been a long time since I have played with GPs.

0 Kudos