Roads and Highway RCE Check Events

07-18-2019 06:22 AM
GJohnson
New Contributor

To find slivers in our network-wide data we have been using the Check Events tool within RCE (we do not have data reviewer or workflow manager implemented yet).  This returns Gaps, Overlaps, and Invalid Measures on the events selected. Currently our workflow to fix this has been to reassign to a bogus Route ID then reassign back to the original Route ID, however we are experiencing a separate issue with that workflow.

My question is how are other R&H users fixing invalid measures on events?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicoleHanson1
Occasional Contributor

We are going into the table view in RCE and editing the measures there.

Sent from my iPhone

RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

Depending on the event and the error the fix is different. Sometimes we add data to fill a gap. Other times we change the from/to values. Is the overlap a case where event behavior or software not working properly, ie the overlap section should have one section retired and the other section active.

Depending on how “bad” the area is, retiring all records on the route with the same from date to create benign records and then readding the event data to correctly reflect what is happening.

To me, the reassign workflow would create incorrect temporality and would not work for NC. 

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos