Event Editor Asset ID Guid

Jump to solution
07-21-2021 12:43 PM
CameronCole
New Contributor III

Hi all, 

I am using Roads and highways 10.5.1 and just noticed an odd occurrence after loading all of my events and editing some records in Event Editor. 

When I did the initial load with Append Events it populated the AssetID field with what looks like a GUID, {>=32} type schema. However, when I edit an event in Event Editor the new records AssetID is created without {}. 

That is creating issues when doing any post processing of the data since it is inconsistent and that it doesn't show itself as a GUID as expected. 

Any ideas on why this is occurring and maybe how to fix it? I wish I could upgrade to a new version but am not able to at this moment. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

What you are seeing is the expected behavior in older versions of our software. This has been changed within ArcGIS Pro and newer versions of Enterprise (Event Editor) so that the Event IDs created in Event Editor align with the format created by the Desktop software. Once the you transition to Pro for your Roads and Highways Desktop application the Event ID format will be in alignment.

With respect to the usage of our Event ID field for synchronizing assets in your infrastructure asset management system, I would recommend against using it. Event IDs are not unique across time. When an event is time sliced, the same Event IDs are used for multiple records, thus, a single Event ID can refer to multiple objects in the LRS network. You can implement GDB Global IDs to provide unique asset identifiers. Global IDs are unique for each object across time, making them ideal to use as the Asset ID in this context.

-Amit@esri 
Esri LRS Transportation Team

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

What you are seeing is the expected behavior in older versions of our software. This has been changed within ArcGIS Pro and newer versions of Enterprise (Event Editor) so that the Event IDs created in Event Editor align with the format created by the Desktop software. Once the you transition to Pro for your Roads and Highways Desktop application the Event ID format will be in alignment.

With respect to the usage of our Event ID field for synchronizing assets in your infrastructure asset management system, I would recommend against using it. Event IDs are not unique across time. When an event is time sliced, the same Event IDs are used for multiple records, thus, a single Event ID can refer to multiple objects in the LRS network. You can implement GDB Global IDs to provide unique asset identifiers. Global IDs are unique for each object across time, making them ideal to use as the Asset ID in this context.

-Amit@esri 
Esri LRS Transportation Team