R-ArcGIS Bridge Workflow Demo

07-20-2016 09:30 PM
MarjeanPobuda
Occasional Contributor

One of the demos given during the technical workshop, Integrating Open-Source Statistical Packages with ArcGIS using Python and R, at the 2016 UC.

13 Replies
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

How did you change names of the fields for the variables that you added with Enrich layer tool? Did you do that in R or in ArcGIS desktop?

0 Kudos
MarjeanPobuda
Occasional Contributor

While you could change the names of the fields for the variables added through Enrich Layer with either ArcGIS or R, in this particular demo, I opted to change the field names with R. If you go to the 12:55 minute mark in the video, you will see the line of code I used to do that and hear a brief description of what I am doing. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, I went back saw that.

0 Kudos
Farai_MaxwellMarumbwa
New Contributor

Thanks for great tutorial. Does the emerging hotspots tool work with Raster data. I have raster images for drought so i want to apply the same methodology for drought hotspots.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarjeanPobuda
Occasional Contributor

I am glad you liked the tutorial. There is a fairly simple workflow to use the Emerging Hot Spot Analysis (EHSA) tool with raster data to identify trends in your data over space and time. The EHSA tool only accepts netCDF files created by the Create Space Time Cube tool, which is used to aggregate points in space and time. If you have multiple drought raster files (a minimum of 10) for your region of interest, you simply need to start by running the tool Raster to Point on each one. Afterwards, for each new point layer, add a new field that will serve as your time field. Insert a value for the time field column in each point layer. Finally, merge all of your point layers together. This will allow you to use the Create Space Time Cube tool on your data and use the result of that in the Emerging Hot Spot Analysis tool. 

Hope this helps! 

Farai_MaxwellMarumbwa
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, i will work on that

0 Kudos
AKINOLAEKUNDAYO
New Contributor II

I run ArcGIS 10.2.2 at work. How do I link R with my version of ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
MarjeanPobuda
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, the R-ArcGIS bridge is available for 10.3.1+ or for ArcGIS Pro 1.1+. You could try a free trial of Pro to test out the capabilities or if possible, upgrade your ArcMap. Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
AKINOLAEKUNDAYO
New Contributor II

Thanks Marjean.

0 Kudos