Connect to AGOL credentials while in Posit Connect or other remote server

05-29-2024 08:35 AM
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor II

I've got an enterprise SAML account with AGOL and sign in to ArcGIS Pro using my Microsoft 365 credentials, using the URL "https://mnrf.maps.arcgis.com/". My organization forces me to re-sign in about once a week.

As part of my job, I need to run R scripts (usually quarto documents) regularly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, to update data and dashboards. If I'm not signed in, or my computer is off (at, say, 6:30 AM), the script fails. I'd like to look into hosting my scripts online, say, Posit Connect, or a government server. I've never done this before.

What's holding me back is that I don't know if it is possible to access my AGOL credentials without it checking on my computer to see if I'm signed in in ArcGIS Pro. Is there any way to connect to my account when I'm not working on my local computer?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosiahParry
New Contributor III

Hi Erica, can you email us at r_bridge@esri.com? I would like to be able to work on this integration for Posit Connect. I have a lot of experience with Connect from a past life. 

0 Kudos
EricaNova
Occasional Contributor II

@JosiahParry have I opened a giant can of worms? 😛 sure, I'll email you. It would be a learning curve for me... I haven't worked with Connect before. But, it sure would make my life easier!

JosiahParry
New Contributor III

@EricaNova oh, absolutely you have! But we must wrangle it 😛 

0 Kudos