Using the Get Count tool as field calculate expression?

09-05-2019 09:04 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to use the Get Count tool as a field calculate expression. I am working on a project where I am trying to get the feature count and then calculate a field using that count as the expression. I think I could easily swing this using python, but the only issue is I have trouble using python scripts as a tool in either arcmap or pro. So if anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you using Model Builder, doing this manually??

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

I am using model builder. I am trying to avoid it manually if it can be helped. 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

OK, sharing with ModelBuilder‌ in the hopes someone who works with it can help since I don't.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Thanks Joshua. 

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Never mind. I decided to create a custom script tool instead and it seems to work just fine.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry no one could chime in and help.  I never use ModelBuilder, so I would be guessing at best, and I don't like to waste people's time.  For now, I will mark this question as "assumed answered" to close it out, unless you want to keep it open and see if someone replies to your original question.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

It's no problem. Right now I'm in a bit of a bind because my script tool works but I realized that I need to create a separate script that simply adds a single row to a table. I have been working on a script that accomplishes this, but I haven't had any luck. So I might try either modifying the script so it simply adds a new row and modify it again to simply update. Any help on this would be really helpful.

Thanks Joshua

0 Kudos