Script for creating point/ cell for a whole raster

Jump to solution
02-26-2016 02:24 PM
KONPETROV
Occasional Contributor III

Hi I am searching for a script that will automated create a point in each cell's centre for all the cells of the raster saving them in a Geodatabase (File or Personal). Is there something like that already, or does someone have any idea how to built it?

Thank a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

You can either split the raster, using a tool like Extract by Attributes or Con, then Raster to Point, OR Raster to Point and then split the feature class by attributes. It's up to you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

That is the Raster to Point tool.

KONPETROV

Thanks for your reply Darren but how many points can a feature class contain so as to be able to be processed? When I say process, I mean that the only process I want to do with this huge fc is just explode it to separate feature classes. My last try was a fc with over 5.000.000 pnts, which couldn't be manipulated very easily. Thank you.

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

The Raster to Point tool will create a point for each pixel in the raster. If that creates too many points, then there are too many pixels. If you want fewer points, make a raster with fewer pixels.

edit: what exactly are you trying to achieve and are you sure you can't do it completely with rasters?

0 Kudos
KONPETROV

All points will be in one feature class with the use of Raster To Point tool, but I want them to be separately, that's why I asked you about the capacity.

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

You can either split the raster, using a tool like Extract by Attributes or Con, then Raster to Point, OR Raster to Point and then split the feature class by attributes. It's up to you.

KONPETROV

Of course! You are the best and I need some rest. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos