Select to view content in your preferred language

Last run result message 0xF6 when trying to run a python script using Windows Task Scheduler.

Jump to solution
09-10-2020 05:54 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I am running several python scripts on a schedule on a virtual machine that has ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1 installed. I am using the python.exe from my Pro python environment to run all of the scripts in task scheduler. However ever since ArcGIS Pro version 2.5.2, I have been getting the message 0xF6 in the last run results. The crazy thing is that this happens sporadically. Sometimes the tasks run fine and other times they don't. All of my python scripts run fine by themselves. 

Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix? 

Thanks,

Michael 

31 Replies
JohnNergeBrooklynPark
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Michael,

I'm the third person on the telephone line (I told my IT, who told our vendor, who made the change and let IT know, who let me know), so I don't have the most comprehensive answer. According to my IT they had to put the server that I run my Python scripts on under the right policy. I assume that policy includes exceptions for what can/can't run on the server, but I don't know for sure. I also would be surprised if my IT were to allow an entire server not to run Cisco AMP, so my guess would be the policy provides more specific exceptions, but again I don't know. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

John:

Is there a chance you could try asking as I have a bunch of exceptions in place in Cisco AMP based on ESRI tech support and forums, but so far failures are still occurring for me?

0 Kudos