I want to add multiple layers in MXD but the layers are not adding correctly.

Jump to solution
09-26-2016 10:46 AM
ManjariGoyal
New Contributor III

I have seven layers to add in mxd but the sequence of the layers are incorrect as well as the layer names are also incorrect. Attached is my script and the screenshot of the incorrect and correct TOC. Any help is appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManjariGoyal
New Contributor III

I figured out the way instead of AUTO_ARRANGE use TOP for all layers and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Quick question - so it is just the Layer files (.lyr) that are the "incorrect" layer names as they have the path included?

Something to check - any chance the layer names in the original mxd were renamed in the Table of Contents, i.e. what is viewed there does not represent what the layer name is on disk?  It is pretty common for folks to rename the layer name in the Table of Contents to provide a clearer explanation of what a layer is.  For example, naip6_02_1 may not mean much to most people, but if rename it to 2016 Placer County Aerial a viewer will know what it is.

Check the Properties (Right-click on layer name in Table of Contents, Properties, Source tab) to confirm that the feature class name in the source is the same as what is in the Table of Contents.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
ManjariGoyal
New Contributor III

I figured out the way instead of AUTO_ARRANGE use TOP for all layers and it worked.

0 Kudos