NENA NG911 street tool

09-27-2018 11:13 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody,

With the NG911 GIS data model coming out, I am testing out a tool that would take your 911 street centerline layer and changes it into the NENA data model. With this tool you can match the NENA field with the corresponding field in your data. If you don’t have a corresponding field, the tool will still create the NENA field, but will leave it empty.

If anyone would like to try it out, you can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ddywkap4dxvjis/NENA_Street_Tool.zip?dl=0

This download includes a README file which explains what you need to do.

Please remember this is still in testing, so if you have any issues please let me know. I created this tool in ArcGIS 10.3.1. I don’t know if this will work in lower versions.

Tim

Tags (3)
15 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hey Tim!  I'm no longer working in 9-1-1, but I just sent this post to the guy that inherited my old job.

Best-

JB

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thanks for forwarding, I guess we can't all stay in the madness of 911

StephenLehrter
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this Tim.  I have a Error 000800 from the start.  I select my streets feature and set all fields using "X" for fields not in my streets feature.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Can you post a screenshot of the error? Or tell me what it says with the addition to the error code. 

0 Kudos
StephenLehrter
New Contributor

Its probably a mistake im making. When I hover over the red X it lists the same error information as when I try to run it.

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

To remove a field that you dont want to fill in your data, select it and click the "X" on the right side.

0 Kudos
StephenLehrter
New Contributor

Sorry, I need to read the tool help slower in the future.  Thanks for the help and for posting the tool.

0 Kudos
KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

Tim Witt,

Thank you very much for providing this awesome tool.  I work for a CAD/Mapping provider and we're trying to be proactive with helping our clients make this transition, would you mind if we pointed them in the direction of this post/tool with obviously some disclaimers as a helpful resource?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Kyle Gruber

Sure you can do that, it is still in testing but the more people use it the more I can get bugs fixed.

Just out of curiosity what provider are you with, if you don't want to say that I would understand?