Select to view content in your preferred language

ESRI Artist Program

06-13-2024 04:46 AM
Labels (1)
RobertTamasSzucs
New Contributor

//Not sure I'm on the right forum, but I didn't find any "General Ideas" section.

ESRI Artist Program

I make colourful map art and make a living by selling wall art prints. I used to use ESRI products, but not any more. I've seen that ESRI has a program where NGOs can use their software for a very reasonable price, and it got me thinking. At the moment I make my maps with QGIS, but I'm pulling all my hair out when any semi-complicated data editing is involved. I'm not allowed to use a personal license for ArcGIS Pro as I sell my maps as wall art (commercial use), and as an independent artist I'm not even close to being able to afford a professional subscription. I would like to suggest a program similar to the Esri Nonprofit Program, where artists who make maps can get an ArcGIS Pro license for a reasonable price. I have a few thousand visitors per month to my website and I'd be happy to put a badge on my website footer saying something like "supported by ESRI", "GIS work done with ARCGIS Pro" or similar.

Thank you for considering.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

There will be a change to the ArcGIS Online User Types within the next weeks.
The Creator User Type will soon include ArcGIS Pro Basic. This Version probably includes the functionality you need. 2023 and 2024 ArcGIS User Type Comparison Matrix (esri.com)

0 Kudos
RobertTamasSzucs
New Contributor

Thanks for letting me know. Based on my memories of using ArcGIS 10.x, and the type of work I need to do on the data to create my maps, I'd need a full version ArcGIS Pro, and also quite a few extensions (3D Analyst, Network Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst etc).

0 Kudos
RTPL_AU

@SimonSchütte_ct  will the Creator User price stay the same?

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct

@RTPL_AU You will get this information from your local distributor. New pricing information will become available this month from what I know.

0 Kudos
RTPL_AU

@SimonSchütte_ct Locals know nothing.
Was wondering if any other regions have a clue how these changes will affect pricing.

Esri is being ridiculous with this; not announcing changes and prices at the same time, especially around Creator which impacts the cost of setting up an AGOL org where in some cases Pro is not needed, is absurd. 

Client: How much will it be to set up a field survey project in October for 2 people? 
Me: NFI. It could be X or it could be much more.
Client: How must we budget? 
Me: Worst case it could be ___
Client: That's a lot more than Product B. Don't worry - we'll call you when we need you........

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct

@RTPL_AU Sorry, I can not provide more details, as it really depends on your region. Creator UT probably will stay similar to the current pricing. With Professional and Professional Plus, prices will probably not increase. With Professional Plus, additional Extensions will be included. The price for some UT may even be reduced in some cases.

0 Kudos
RTPL_AU

@SimonSchütte_ct  👍

We'll have to wait and see then. Why we still use an 80's distribution model for cloud software is a bit of a meme, don't you think?🤣

0 Kudos