Show BuildingSceneLayer in a SceneView

Jump to solution
02-07-2023 06:53 AM
simone-vitale-overit
New Contributor II

Hello community,

my question is simple: is possible to show a BuildingSceneLayer from a enterprise portal to my mobile app in the SceneView widget in MAUI.

I have read the documentation and I haven't found anything about the possibility to download and show a BuildingSceneLayer.

The documention that I refer is:

https://developers.arcgis.com/net/layers/layer-types/?

In the .net documentation the BuildingSceneLayer type is never mentioned, but in the javascript SDK is present:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/working-with-scene-layers/

It's a limitation of the .net SDK?

Thanks for the support.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @simone-vitale-overit,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Unfortunately, we currently do not have support for BuildingSceneLayer yet, which is why you do not see it in any of the documentation yet. It is planned for future but there is no set timeline for it yet. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,

Koushik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @simone-vitale-overit,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Unfortunately, we currently do not have support for BuildingSceneLayer yet, which is why you do not see it in any of the documentation yet. It is planned for future but there is no set timeline for it yet. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,

Koushik

EmilianoPetrelli
New Contributor III

Hello Koushik,

I think you should mention this limitation somewhere in the documentation, for example in the "Layers" section (for example there are lacks of information also about dimension layer).
By the way, how we can load buildings through a webscene on a mobile? Do you can provide us a workaround?

Thanks a lot

Emiliano

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

It is documented here: System requirements for 200.0 | ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET | ArcGIS Developers

But we will also review if it's in the appropriate place in the Guide, and how we might better represent the supported specifications / layer types in other areas of the Guide for improved discoverability.

Note you should be able to open the Web Scene in the Scene Viewer on a mobile device.

Thanks

0 Kudos