MMPK: Bad Symbol Rotation

Jump to solution
07-06-2017 09:45 AM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Attached is a small MMPK, created in Pro 2.0, that demonstrates a bad symbol rotation in Runtime 100.1 [I don't recall seeing this issue in Pro 1.4.1/Runtime 100.0, but I may be wrong].

Here's how it appears imported into Pro:

And here's how it appears in Runtime:

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

We are currently working on solidifying the symbols with visual variables. I am hopeful issues like these will get resolved as part of that work. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

I tested with your test data that workaround to use simple symbols continues to work with 100.6.

Also feel free to let us know if you have other test cases for symbology that aren't  working correctly. 

Thanks,

Preeti

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Hello Mark,

Just following up on your original issue in this post regarding Symbol Rotation not getting honored. This has been fixed in 100.7. Did you get a chance to try it out and remove any existing workarounds? The symbol rotation should be honored without any workarounds.

Please note, other issue in this post that you reported regarding cloning layer renderer stripping out definition expression and other properties still exists in 100.7. 

Thanks,

Preeti

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I've been busy on other projects, but I hope to check out all of my reported issues this month.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I took a quick look, and symbols look good without the workaround.  Thanks!