Select to view content in your preferred language

How do you access the metadata of layers held within a mobile geodatabase?

07-17-2023 10:11 AM
Labels (3)
JBuchanan
New Contributor II

I am working with a set of mobile geodatabase files(.geodatabase). I loaded them into Arc Pro and edited the file's metadata to add description and attribution to each of the layers held within the geodatabase. I can load my mobile geodatabase into a new project in Arc Pro and it will still have the description/attribution that I set, so I know the information is being saved to the geodatabase. However, if I load the database into my runtime project the description and attribution fields are still empty on the layers. The description/attribution fields are read-only, so I assume they need to be set in Arc Pro. Is the metadata held somewhere other than the description/attribution fields on the layer? How can I access the metadata?

Update: I have also tried to get metadata from geopackages, map packages, and shape files. The only one that seems to carry the data into runtime is shape files, but this will not work for my purposes. The other 3 types contain the metadata in the file(i.e. open the database in notepad or on a new machine and it will have the metadata), but I can't seem to access that data in my application. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies