Select to view content in your preferred language

Renew license with credits

10-27-2022 03:48 PM
RKathieMcClung
New Contributor III

I suggest that credits be used to renew the license if  the correct amount needed in the credits to do this are available.

I have found myself without having used any of my credits, whatsoever, yet I am left wanting for more free training. The equivalent credits for the value of the license is remaining and available. If I am to continue training, this would be an efficient use of the credits, where I will eventually end up buying replacement credits once I achieve the level needed to use them, unless more credits are issued with the next license, which would be a license in perpetuity, but also is the option of the issuing entity.  I would be good with either option. Obviously, I have been able to be frugal in my credit use. I did not see an option that I could, or could not, use these credits to renew my license which is basic and used for training that is also meant to grow the end user's need for the license use.

RKathieMcClung

I began this idea out of need. I will likely be awarded another license, but then felt giving up my current license to start over again seemed a ridiculous waste of time and credits. I was also sent from one department to the next until I asked if we could just find viable advice rather than returning me to where I started. This was a tech who advised I should place this IDEA in the ESRI Ideas since he had never heard of this idea of using credits to renew a license before.  I did not re-read my entire conditions, so perhaps there is already a stipulation that precludes this possibility of credits use for license renewal