My Esri Release - May 27th, 2020

05-26-2020 03:56 PM
Labels (1)
JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor
1 6 2,039

All,

We will be moving forward with a release of My Esri this Wednesday May 27th, at 5pm (PST). Please see the below enhancements and fixes that will be included.

Thanks,

Josh

5.14 My Esri Release Items

General

• A My Esri introductory video has been added to the Dashboard to help users.

Licensing

• Associated Fulfillment ID and UNM ID (machine) has been added to the Authorization History page.

Permissions

• The issue has been fixed where the Tag column was empty when exporting from the Permissions Grid and from Manage Users.

Developer

• Updated the message on the Enter Developer Subscription Code page that lets users know they are already connected to a current developer subscription code.

6 Comments
DavidJames
New Contributor III

'Associated Fulfillment ID and UNM ID (machine) has been added to the Authorization History page.'

what does this even mean?

JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for the good question. Please see the below definitions. Esri software uses a license generator built upon the third-party FLEXnet Publisher software. The information added to the authorization history is meant to help users verify if an authorization code was sucessfully assigned (fulfillment ID) and to what machine (UMN ID). This information can also be seen on the authorizations activity report in My Esri. Moving forward, I will do a better job  providing more details around Licensing as it is an important area for users to understand. 

Josh

Fulfillment ID

A fulfillment is a transaction  against an entitlement line in which some portion of the entitlement is assigned to a specific license server system.

UMN ID (Unique Machine Name)

DavidJames
New Contributor III

Can you please stop this from showing up every day?

JoshBeaton
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

Can you please verify what is showing up every day for you? Are you referring to the My Esri space sending you notifications or the Authorizatin information that is nested under the Authorization history?

Josh

DavidJames
New Contributor III

Josh,

I get this every day or at least 4-5 times per week

All,

We will be moving forward with a release of My Esri this Wednesday May 27th, at 5pm (PST). Please see the below enhancements and fixes that will be included.

TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Hi David - Sorry that you are getting so many messages from GeoNet.

Did you check your Preferences?

After you sign in to GeoNet, you can click your little avatar to find Preferences in the menu:

From there, you control the frequency of notifications.

Updating these will help you limit the number of notifications you get.

Hope this helps,

Teresa

About the Author
I am orginally from Ottawa Ontario Canada and have lived in the US for about 18 years (Philadelphia and California). I currently live in Redlands and work as a Customer Experience Program Manager for Esri.