Why would model builder outputs not be adding to display?

08-31-2017 02:46 PM
CharlotteRowley
New Contributor II

I'm working on ArcMap 10.4.1 and ArcMap 10.5.

So, I am attempting to build a model using tools from the Spatial Statistics toolbox (Hot Spot Analysis and Cluster-Outlier) and the output files are generating properly but not being added to the display. I've never used Model Builder before so I am probably just missing something obvious but I am all out of ideas about where I am going wrong.

I have a layer of polygons with associated attribute fields which I want to repeatedly run HSA and C-O on (to spatially plot out each attribute's patterning). Using the individual tools, I can run them successfully on each attribute field separately but that was taking a while, so I built the model using a List Variable as a Model Parameter for the input (to tell the tool to run each attribute) and then Parse Path to allow me to label the output shapefiles appropriately. The tool appears to run successfully because I get shapefiles of the appropriate names in the appropriate folders, but it does not add them to the main display. I have:

- made sure Add to Display is checked

- made sure the output shapefiles are labelled as Model Parameters

- checked the workspace in the model matches the workspace used in the map doc

- checked the projection system is the same

- even tried checking Managed (because someone said they got that to work and I thought it was worth a try)

- also tried Collect Values just in case that would help

I can add manually the shapefiles but then because they are HSA and C-O, I have to them symbolise them individually anyway to get them to display properly... so I am still having to manually modify each variable's two outputs and with 36 variables that still takes a lot of time.

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Could you try same process without model in Arc toolbox ( mean: run Hot Spot Analysis and Cluster-Outlier tool ) , Does it display ?

0 Kudos