Member De-Introduction

12-17-2021 09:51 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

After 30 years of GIS analyses, I'm unplugging my computer and retiring.  What a ride!

From Coverages in ArcInfo 4.x on a Unix box to shape files, to personal geodatabases, to file geodatabases, to SDE, to Enterprise and services, and platforms from ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcGIS (classic) and ArcGIS Pro , I've made a good living and have been challenged. 

There are a number of people here on this forum that have contributed to my success as an analyst as well as made this forum a better place to hang out:

@DanPatterson , @curtvprice , @DarrenWiens2 , @JoshuaBixby , @ShanaBritt , @BradNiemand , @BruceHarold , @XanderBakker , @ChrisFox , @MichelleMathias , @TimWitt2 , @MichaelVolz  .

Many, many thanks to these people and to anyone I may have left off this list.

To those younger community members, this is the place to get answers from those who have been there and done that.  Keep your questions coming.  Every suggestion, work-around, or explanation adds to a broader body of knowledge.

My retirement is bitter sweet; I have a job that I love and the team members I work with are all outstanding. However, there are miles upon miles of rivers in the Western U.S. to explore with tons of fish that need catching.

In closing, it has been a privilege for me to be part of the ESRI Community for all these years. I’m keeping this user account so there’s always a chance you’ll hear from me again.

All the best-

That should just about do it....
16 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@JoeBorgione  Thank you for your rich contributions to Esri Community over the years. You have a wealth of GIS and ArcGIS knowledge and have been gracious in sharing it with other members here, for this your are a Rock Star and we appreciate you so much! We look forward to you popping into the community from time to time!

Thank you!! 

Wishing you all the best on your fishing adventures and explorations! 

Cheers, Michelle

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Good bye Joe #GoneFishing

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've enjoyed your posts. Congrats on retiring! Your retirement plan sounds outstanding. Just save some fish for the rest of us!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jo, thanks for the shout out and tight lines for your retirement!  It has been a please working with you.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Joe,

We will really miss you. Thank you for your contributions all these years. Happy Retirement!

JayantaPoddar_1-1639766315926.png

Think Location
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Best to you Joe.  Pop in for a visit once in a while.  You will be missed, but not forgotten.

... sort of retired...
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe:

Enjoy retirement! Maybe there is a fishing story map in the making in the future. It's been a pleasure assisting you all these years from Support to Development.

-Shana

ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Congrats Joe! Appreciate all the feedback you have given on the address data management solution, it has definitely helped to improved the overall solution.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you Joe for the times you have helped me!  I am sure you will be missed immensely but enjoy your retirement and all you have worked so hard for!!!

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos