Select to view content in your preferred language

How to access the attributes of a .mxd file

12-29-2014 07:09 AM
PolashBanerjee
New Contributor II

Hi Friends

I have created a layer from a TIFF file. I have saved the layer as .mxd file. Now I want to access the attributes of this .mxd file. But I can't. For instance, when I try to calculate the area in the map with certain color code, I can only find the cell size but there is no data for the specific color pixel. Help me out please.

Thanx,

Polash

0 Kudos
2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

HI Polash,

I assume you added the TIFF to your TOC of a MXD and stored the mxd file. What kind of TIFF file is it? Is it a RGB (3 bands) TIFF or do you have a single band? In case of a single band, you can access the attribute table of the raster and see the number of cells a certain value has. Multiply the number of cells with the pixel resolution to obtain the area.

Maybe you can include a screenshot of the situation. That would help to visualize what you're dealing with.

0 Kudos
PolashBanerjee
New Contributor II

Hi Xander

Thanx for your advice. I used Reclassify tool to reclassify the raster map and was able to find the total numbers of pixels per color code. that solved my problem. Thanx again. I am having another problem in calculating the area of a polygon in raster image. I have posted it in GeoNet. I will be much obliged if you could find some time to see it.

warm regards

Polash

0 Kudos