Select to view content in your preferred language

Font style in legend when adding new layer

09-09-2015 12:03 AM
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

When I add a new layer to the map the font in the legend does not stay the same as the font for the existing layers.  Is there any way to force the legend to keep the same font style in all newly added layers.  It would be a big time saver rather then constantly updating the font each time a new layer is added.  Any ideas out there?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III

This has never been a problem for me, but on the Items tab of Legend Properties you can Select All and then set your font. This doesn't set the font automatically, but at least you can add layers without changing fonts until you need to print or publish.

0 Kudos
AdamBowen
New Contributor III

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question but I have been having this issue for a while. It only occurred to me recently that the font style in the legend defaults to whatever is in your "Text and Graphics" settings.

Go to [ Project > Options > Text and Graphics ] then modify the "Text" under the "Default Graphics Element Symbols" to whatever font style you want to be your default. I thought this only applied to new labels within my maps, but apparently, this carries over to layout elements as well. 

I know this is an old question, but hopefully, someone finds this helpful.

0 Kudos