Attributes and Choose Symbol Class question

02-03-2017 12:22 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Here I am talking about an Attributes. What I am trying to find out is that if you have all the attributes that is already there but  you need to add a symbol class within the Choose Symbol Class.

For example, 

When you need to look through each polygon , and you have all the attributes right there. In the Editor, and you have Attributes open up and you select a polygon or whatever. When you found an error and you want to input an attribute

and when you want to open up the"choose Symbol Class".  What if the symbol class isn't there and you want to add a new one How do you do that ? I can just add an attribute it right there in the Attribute without open up the Choose Symbol Class. Problem is that you have to refresh it when you open up the layer's properties and hit the symbology and then Add all the values or Add Values and select the new values. it would change all the colors that you don't want.

Is there a way around that can I add a new values within the Choose Symbol Class ? Reason for asking to avoid update the symbol class new  colors rather than staying the same....

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Add All Values change all symbol that you choose before. But Add Values... doesn't change symbols.

I want to tell you that when you change any thing in the symbology field in Edit session , the new value appear in  Add Values... Even if you don't save edit. so you can create new symbol for it.

0 Kudos