Note: Edited 25/09/2020 - 2.3.1 Release Date extended to Thursday 1st Oct.
As hopefully you all know, we have been working this year on a 2.3.1 Quality Patch for LocalMaps! Hopefully you all got to see the updates on LocalMaps and v2.3.1 at the recent Virtual New Zealand Esri User Conference.
If not, no worries - you can watch the Plenary Session here (LocalMaps is at 34.55mins).
Watch the NZEUC 2020 Plenary
This patch has been designed specifically to address some quality updates we wanted to ensure you all had before we focus on the next generation of LocalMaps - Version 3.x due out in 2021.
2.3.1 will be available from Monday 28th September 2020. Thursday 1st Oct. Below is some key information you need to know about this patch, how to get it and where to go for more details come the 1st.
- This is a quality patch focusing on bug fixes, usability refinements and introducing some best practice workflow tips and tricks.
- This patch does not introduce many new enhancements (although we snuck in a few because they were such cool ideas!). Enhancements that have come in since v2.3 have been reviewed and will be addressed for version 3.x and beyond.
- Alongside the release, we will have the following information available on the LocalMaps Help Wiki from the 1st Oct.
- A detailed list of what has been addressed in 2.3.1.
- Best practice workflows on:
- Optimizing Webmaps
- Tips for Publishing Services
- Optimizing for Fast Printing
- Optimizing Reporting
- Data decision trees.
- FAQ's & Known Issues
- Troubleshooting Tips
- 2.3.1 is an optional patch, Version 2.3. is our major release and will also be fully supported going forward.
For those eager users out there who want more information now on how to get the patch, pricing and timeframes please contact your Account Manager.
We will be updating you next week when 2.3.1 is out - so keep an eye out here on Geonet for more information!
The LocalMaps Team