Select to view content in your preferred language

Would like to get rasters into a USGS .dem file.

Jump to solution
07-15-2014 06:10 PM
ScottLouque
New Contributor III

Hi,

I started with a collection of multipoints and was able to import them as panels into a file geodatabase. From there I was able to create terrain datasets out of each panel. Then used the Terrain to Raster tool in 3d Analysis tools to create Rasters out of each panel. Now I would like to have these raster to be .dem files. Is there anyway in ArcMap or Global Mapper to convert these to .dem file?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

THere should be a way in Global Mapper(I know this is a bit of a carry over from that other thread you asked on).  The Export DEM command allows the user to export any loaded elevation grid data sets to a native format USGS DEM file.

Global Mapper User's Manual

Alternatively, I found a relevant Stack Exchange thread that you might be interested in if the Global Mapper solution doesn't work out.

arcgis 10.0 - Can I convert ESRI Grid (DEM) raster to USGS DEM? - Geographic Information Systems Sta...

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

THere should be a way in Global Mapper(I know this is a bit of a carry over from that other thread you asked on).  The Export DEM command allows the user to export any loaded elevation grid data sets to a native format USGS DEM file.

Global Mapper User's Manual

Alternatively, I found a relevant Stack Exchange thread that you might be interested in if the Global Mapper solution doesn't work out.

arcgis 10.0 - Can I convert ESRI Grid (DEM) raster to USGS DEM? - Geographic Information Systems Sta...

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
ScottLouque
New Contributor III

Thanks Ian Murray! I was able to export my rasters out to a dem in Global Mapper. I think that is going to work.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

You are quite welcome, glad that worked out for you.

0 Kudos