Not enough system resources for Calcuate field

02-20-2018 10:29 PM
hellogoodbye
New Contributor

Hello everyone. I have features class with a 24k objects. And when I'm trying calculate some field it leads to error "Not enough system resources" (but there are enough resources). When I'm trying to calculate field from another features class with even more objects - it works well.

24k features class has 88 fields, and if I delete 80 fields and left only 8 - it works well. But I need all fields, what else can I do to solve this problem? I saw some advice about resources limit in Windows Register, but I'll leave it to chance.

I'm using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 and nothing else.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have checked your resources? on the link on this page

Check your computer's ability to run ArcMap

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/get-started/setup/arcgis-desktop-system-requirements.htm

What is the size of the file?

What else are you running besides ArcMap or Pro?

If you are running arcmap, you may be exceeding memory since it is limited to 4 Gb at the best of times

More details needed about your resources and the physical properties of the file you are using and the field calculation you are performing would help

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In addition to what Dan Patterson asked:

• what data source are you using? (if you aren't already, try using a locale file geodatabase)
  • what calculation are you performing?
  • what are the field types of the fields involved?
hellogoodbye
New Contributor

Thank you guys, I found what was the reason of error: my features class was in topology:)