Get started with ArcGIS Pro error

10-04-2020 05:28 PM
AlexRivera
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am working through the Get started with ArcGIS Pro lesson linked here on ArcGIS Pro. I am receiving an error that I can't get past in the Export a Table section. At Step 3 in this section, I am receiving a "Network Error Cannot Access (file name)". Just to see if I can get past this error, I have tried to save to the default output location, but I receive Error 000210. I am just introducing myself to ArcGIS Pro, so please tailor your responses to a beginner. Thank you for your time. 

6 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello Alex,

It looks like you may be trying to save the text file to a network location that you don't have permission to save to. Please try a location on your local machine instead:

• At step 3, click the Browse button (it looks like a yellow file) and choose a local location. For example, your desktop or your Documents folder.

Note that changing to the default location will not work because that is a geodatabase. Step 4 asks you to save this file with a .txt extension, and that file type is not compatible with geodatabases. 

AlexRivera
New Contributor II

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your response. I have tried saving it to my desktop and documents and receive the same response.

Alex Rivera

609-369-1849

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Alex,

I believe this is a windows error, rather than one from ArcGIS Pro. Are you working on a remote desktop? Are you able to save other files to these locations on your computer? 

You can continue on with the rest of the lesson without completing the export table part. Just skip ahead to the Label Features part. It will not effect the remaining steps. 

If the error is from ArcGIS Pro, please send us a screenshot and explain exactly where in the lesson the error appears. (For example, when you click OK on the Output Location window, or when you open the Export Table window.)

Thank you,

Heather

0 Kudos
AlexRivera
New Contributor II

Hi Heather,

I can save other files to my desktop/documents/etc. Please see screenshot attached with the error message that shows when I click OK on the Output Location window.

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks for this screenshot Alex,

For Output Location, you need to select a location, not a file. In the Output Location window, do not type anything in the Name box. That will cause your computer to search for an item which does not yet exist. Instead click your desired folder and click OK.

• If you want to choose the desktop, you can click Computer in the top navigation bar to go back to the root, then click the Desktop folder icon. Then click OK.
  • You could instead make a new folder on your desktop called Singapore_Tourism and then select it.
Eliash
by
New Contributor II

Thank you! I had the same problem as OP. This solved it.

0 Kudos