Select to view content in your preferred language

Can a Control Point be associated with more than One Parcel Corner?

Jump to solution
04-12-2016 07:32 AM
LarryGaudieri
New Contributor III

I have a control point based on a certified corner record (CCR) and holding that record's XY...I also have a PLSS corner about 0.18' away resulting from source data that differed from the CCR; if I associate that PLSS corner to the Control Point, can I also associate or tie the control point to a nearby subdivision corner that it's tied to by plat?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Larry,

Are you representing the PLSS corner as a control point as well, or is it just a regular fabric point? Is this a "porcupine monument" scenario that nancy vonmeyer talked about in yesterday's land records meetup? The recording should be available soon here:  http://www.meetup.com/Esri-Land-Records-Meet-Up/pages/Meeting%27s_Recordings

If I'm understanding you correctly there is just one control point in your fabric for the CCR, and you're linking it to the PLSS corner which is a regular fabric point. To tie in your subdivision corner with the PLSS corner (that is associated to the CCR) you can create a connection line with the tie information (bearing and distance) from the sub corner to the PLSS corner. More on connection lines at About the parcel fabric traverse tool—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

The 0.18' between the CCR (control point) and the PLSS corner (regular fabric point) would still be there until you do a fabric adjustment. After a fabric adjustment, the CCR and PLSS fabric point would be at the same location, and the tie information from the sub corner would still exist on the connection line and would be used in the adjustment if you included/selected the subdivision parcels when you did the adjustment.

-Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Larry,

Are you representing the PLSS corner as a control point as well, or is it just a regular fabric point? Is this a "porcupine monument" scenario that nancy vonmeyer talked about in yesterday's land records meetup? The recording should be available soon here:  http://www.meetup.com/Esri-Land-Records-Meet-Up/pages/Meeting%27s_Recordings

If I'm understanding you correctly there is just one control point in your fabric for the CCR, and you're linking it to the PLSS corner which is a regular fabric point. To tie in your subdivision corner with the PLSS corner (that is associated to the CCR) you can create a connection line with the tie information (bearing and distance) from the sub corner to the PLSS corner. More on connection lines at About the parcel fabric traverse tool—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

The 0.18' between the CCR (control point) and the PLSS corner (regular fabric point) would still be there until you do a fabric adjustment. After a fabric adjustment, the CCR and PLSS fabric point would be at the same location, and the tie information from the sub corner would still exist on the connection line and would be used in the adjustment if you included/selected the subdivision parcels when you did the adjustment.

-Tim

0 Kudos
LarryGaudieri
New Contributor III

Thank you Tim, nicely answered and makes perfect sense. I'm not ready for an adjustment quite yet but it's good to know and have a better feel for what will be the result. Appreciate the info!

0 Kudos