How do you determine what products and licenses your end users need?

08-16-2019 08:38 AM
Labels (2)
JenniferBorlick
Occasional Contributor III

I know this has to be published/posted somewhere, but my Google skills are coming up short. My words aren't wording right today.

Is there some kind of spreadsheet or workflow diagram to help determine what Esri products and licenses end will need?

I have two users who "want to learn" GIS and rather than just put Pro on their computers and giving them a license and suggested training, I'd like to be a little more proactive to define what they really want to do. We're also (hopefully) going to be migrating our users to Pro and Online over the next couple of years. I'd like to be able to get everyone sorted into the correct licensing. I'd like to create a survey asking what their expectations are going to be and how they intend on using it.

Any direction will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the question. If you are considering ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro, reviewing our Named Users for ArcGIS Online could help you identify what your teams need based on their responsibilities.

Here's a great video introduction:
Named User Licensing In ArcGIS Pro - YouTube 

Here's a listing with a matrix of capabilities:

ArcGIS Online Subscriptions | View & Compare User Types 

Let us know if we can answer more questions for you!

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

We have a few options for learning ArcGIS technology through real-life examples and software training. Some of the training web courses are included for existing customers with active maintenance:

Learning: Learn ArcGIS

Training: https://www.esri.com/training/

0 Kudos
JenniferBorlick
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the two resources you mentioned.

I'm just wondering if someone has created something like a plain english yes/no tree diagram; or a survey form. That way one someone asks for "GIS" I can send it to them, have them fill it out and then we can determine what they actually need compared to what they think they need.

0 Kudos