Select to view content in your preferred language

How can a user with a student license access an organization's account?

Jump to solution
04-16-2024 12:21 PM
swhitcombMCC
New Contributor III

I am an admin for an organization with an academic license. There are only five members allowed with this license. I have a single student in my class with a student license. I would like to give the student permission to view the files in our organizational account. Is there a way to add this student as a viewer without adding her as a full member of the organization?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

I'm thinking you'd want to create a group containing all the items you want her to be able to view, and in that group's settings, allow members from outside your organization. You should then be able to add her to the group by searching for her username. This works for normal ArcGIS Online accounts, but I haven't worked with student accounts so I'm not sure if the permissions are different.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

I'm thinking you'd want to create a group containing all the items you want her to be able to view, and in that group's settings, allow members from outside your organization. You should then be able to add her to the group by searching for her username. This works for normal ArcGIS Online accounts, but I haven't worked with student accounts so I'm not sure if the permissions are different.

0 Kudos
swhitcombMCC
New Contributor III

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos