Is there anyway to make a Time Cube from MultiBand TIFFs?

01-22-2024 01:55 PM
Labels (1)
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I cannot find anything on creating a Time Cube from multiband TIFFs.  I finally got a procedure to create a Time Cube (which is a lot of steps) for a regular TIFF.  My very first person asked me to make one for them and they gave me 6 band TIFFs where each band is a different Indicator.

Ideally I would like to build a cube with all 6 vars but I am not seeing a way?  Even just adding these to a Mosaic Dataset I get nothing on the screen.  I do not work with multiband much.  I think if I had 6 sets of TIFFs I could make one cube per then combine them but having to pull all these apart just to put them back together again is going to be a ton of work.

Anyone got this to go?  Any ideas?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

Please do the following

1- Create mosaic dataset

2- Add fields to indicate the variable

3- Build multi-dimensional info

4 - Run Copy raster process as multi-dimensional info enabled

You say you see nothing on the screen when adding to the mosaic dataset. The help topic on this should provide the info you need. If you are seeing black it is likely that you need to apply DRA stretch or similar on the layer.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I started over and got it to go.  But now I am stuck on Creating a Time Cube with this error.  The extent does match however as does rows and columns.  I tried both of the solutions below and still get this error immediately.  All my other time cubes have worked so a bit of a loss.  I did have to project these raster to a Projected system.   That all went fine and my Multidimensional raster built fine and looks good.

Going nuts now as it takes maybe an hour normally and been trying for hours and hours.  My guess is it is a false error and it is made about something else.  That happens a lot with Time Cubes.

thanks for any ideas!

110316: The extent of the multidimensional raster does not match the layer properties.
ArcGIS Pro 3.1|Other versions| Help archive
Description
The extent (either rows or columns) of one or more of the rasters in the Input Multidimensional Raster Layer does not match the extent of the multidimensional raster from its layer properties.

Solution
The multidimensional raster layer can be exported to a multidimensional raster file, such as a .crf file, using the Copy Raster tool. This will resolve the extent issue and allow you to rerun the tool using the resulting multidimensional raster file. Optionally, set the Processing Extent environment to an option other than Default or the extent of the multidimensional raster layer to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I started all over with a single band raster and I was able to get it to go.

But for some reason no matter what I try if the raster has multiple bands I get this message every single time.

ERROR 110316: The extent of the Input Multidimensional Raster Layer does not match the layer properties.

Seems like it cannot handle it?   Not finding much in the help but it seems like it should work.  Sometimes I get the more than 2 billion message but its wrong as I am testing super small areas.

Anyone ever get a multiband time cube to work?

thanks

0 Kudos