Select to view content in your preferred language

Esri Certification and University degree credit?

03-26-2020 08:14 AM
RobertKraft
New Contributor

A work colleague asked about the confluence of Esri Certification and University degree credit. Specifically he wanted to know which universities will accept various Esri certifications as credit towards a master's degree in GIS. I've given him my initial thoughts (training vs education, transfer credits, business plans, etc.) Does anyone track which schools accept Esri certs for credit?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert Kraft‌, 

I'm not aware of specific universities crediting only Esri certificates to whole units. Paired with industry experience and potentially some examples of applying said Esri certification or software to fields of science however could make the justification for this type of credit far more robust.

Shane 

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Shane.  I will check with our certification team but given the rapidly changing nature of higher education, I doubt this is tracked; we would have to ask university instructors to provide this and we always are very sensitive to not burdening them unduly (though we do work closely with them and value our partnership with them).   Aside from scanning programs' web pages and requirements and offerings (map and database for USA univ's is on www.geotechcenter.org for example), there is not much more I can suggest at this time.  --Joseph Kerski

0 Kudos